Interesting facts are presented ahead of the duel between Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in the first leg of the 2021/2022 Champions League last 16. The Real Madrid vs PSG duel will be held on Wednesday (16/2/2022) early in the morning.
According to the schedule, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) will meet at the Parc des Princes, Paris, Wednesday (16/2/2022) at 3.00 WIB.
The moment of the encounter between Los Blancos and Les Parisiens in the last 16 of the 2021/2022 Champions League is like repeating a moment that has happened.
Because Real Madrid and PSG have met in the same round and event, namely in the 2017/2018 edition of the Champions League.
At that time, Los Blancos were too powerful for PSG to face. Because, the Spanish giants managed to win in two legs.
In the first leg which took place at the Parc des Princes on March 6 2018, Real Madrid managed to win by a narrow score of 2-1.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Casemiro scored the two goals in this match. Meanwhile, the only goal of PSG’s reply was contributed by Edinson Cavani.
Meanwhile, the second meeting which took place at the Santiago Bernabeu ended for Los Blancos winning 3-1.
Two of Madrid’s three goals were scored by Cristiano Ronaldo, while the other was recorded by Marcelo. Adrien Rabiot contributed to PSG’s reply.
Here, Bolatimes.com presents interesting facts ahead of the duel between Real Madrid and PSG in the first leg of the Champions League last 16.
1. Prior to meeting in this match, Real Madrid and PSG had met 10 times in European club competitions. Real Madrid has a better record than PSG.
2. Especially in the Champions League, Real Madrid’s record is far more classy than PSG. Because, from the six meetings between the two, Los Blancos have won three times.
Meanwhile, PSG were only able to win once, while another meeting between the two teams ended without a winner or a draw.
3. In this event, Real Madrid’s statistics in the group phase are better than PSG’s. Because, El Real managed to record five wins and one loss, while PSG incised three wins, two draws, and one defeat.
4. Lionel Messi is the player who has contributed the most to PSG in the 2021/2022 Champions League. So far, La Pulga has scored five goals for PSG. Karim Benzema also recorded a similar amount in the opposite camp.
5. Two young players from each camp became the top assist scorers. At PSG, there was Kylian Mbappe who contributed four assists, while Madrid had Vinicius Junior who scored three assists.
6. Real Madrid was still caught in a negative trend before this match. They have only won one of their last four matches in all competitions.
7. Meanwhile, PSG has an impressive record when holding home matches. They are unbeaten in normal time in their last 14 matches in all competitions, with a record of nine wins and five draws. Meanwhile, in the last five home games, Les Parisiens have also managed to keep a clean sheet.