The COVID-19 corona virus attack in Europe is getting worse. Real Madrid announced that four of its players, including Marco Asensio and Gareth Bale, had contracted the virus.
This condition has made more and more Real Madrid players exposed to COVID-19. Previously there were two players who had to undergo self-isolation, namely Luka Modric and Marcelo.
The results of the two tests were announced on December 15 yesterday. And now, the news makes Madrid’s match against Cadiz in La Liga a question mark.
The match will take place on December 19. The match was held at the headquarters of Real Madrid , Santiago Bernabeu.
Real Madrid Announcement
Real Madrid announced that there were additional COVID-19 cases in Carlo Ancelotti’s squad on December 16, 2021. In that announcement, they explained that four players were confirmed positive.
They are Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale, Andriy Lunin and Rodrygo Goes. In addition, there is one coaching staff who has also been confirmed positive for COVID-19, namely Davide Ancelotti. He is the son of Madrid coach, Carlo Ancelotti.
Match Will Be Postponed?
Previously, it was reported that Luka Modrid and Marcelo would miss the match against Cadiz. They are also likely to miss the game against Athletic Bilbao on December 22.
Thus, Bale, Lunin, Rodrygo, and Asensi will also be absent against Cadiz. They may also be absent against Bilbao.
However, if the COVID-19 case becomes more widespread, there is a chance that the Real Madrid vs Cadiz match will be postponed. La Liga rules state that if a team cannot register 13 players plus a goalkeeper, the match cannot be played.
Premier League: Bete Real Madrid Secretly Seduces Rudiger, Big Master Chelsea Cancel Eden Hazard Transfer Deal
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is allegedly furious with the way Real Madrid approached Antonio Rudiger.
Although pre-contract discussions were not officially allowed to take place in January 2022, Los Blancos have been holding discussions with the player’s agent long ago.
This condition makes it difficult for Chelsea in the process of negotiating a contract extension with the 28-year-old defender. Antonio Rudiger has made a mistake with Real Madrid’s big salary offer through the backdoor.
Upset with Real Madrid’s sabotage , the sultan was reported to be preparing for revenge. He canceled plans to buy back Eden Hazard.
Real Madrid want a transfer fee of 42 million pounds. Abramovich, who had previously said yes, refused to continue negotiations.
If Eden Hazard cancels his comeback to Chelsea, Madrid will lose income for transfer capital in the transfer market next summer.
Ask for More Appreciation
Negotiations between Chelsea and Rudiger did not go smoothly because of a request for a salary increase from a German defender who was considered too proud. Reportedly he demands a salary of 400,000 pounds or IDR 7.5 billion per week.
The Germany international is said to want a salary package that puts him at par with other key players in Thomas Tuchel’s squad.
However, according to Bild journalist Christian Falk, Rudiger has not asked for a wage equivalent to £19.2 million per year.
Falk claims that Chelsea have been offering around £8.5m per year, well below Rudiger’s minimum expectation of £12m.
Getting Closer to Real Madrid
At a time when Real Madrid were said to be favorites for the player, Tuchel had hinted that he was patiently holding out on contract extension talks with the defender.
Antonio Rudiger currently earns around £100,000 per week at Chelsea. The reason he has not extended his contract with the Blues is salary.
Europe’s top clubs are lining up to make a formal offer to Antonio Rudiger from January 1.
Real Madrid, Paris Saint Germain, Bayern Munich and Juventus are the teams reportedly involved in the competition for the German defender.
According to the Independent , his brother and agent, Rudiger Sahr Senesie, held talks with Real Madrid representatives over the past few weeks.